Monday 2 February 2009

Weather we like it or not...

It's always there,
and if you're British it seems never far from discussion
so it's fitting that our first poetry post should be about weather!


Rain

On the window raindrops fall,
It sounds like a dripping clock ticking.
Shining diamonds racing against time,
running strings of silvery seconds.



Wind

Like a screaming banshee
I howl round the houses
whipping up leaves,
I rattle the windows
like a naughty child,
I rush like a river round
the dustbins, grabbing at litter,
roaring like a lion at his prey.



Storm Clouds

I am dark and grey and angry
I will open my wrath
and pour on your heads,
like demons above
I am in no mood to be calm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what you think of our work! Remember your comments will be read by people with additional support needs.
Please also visit we-are-artists.blogspot.com

Followers